Saturday, September 21, 2013

Easy Fluffy Scarf: Pintester Movement



So fall is right around the corner here in western Pennsylvania and if you're anything like me that means sweaters, boots, and scarves. Alright I could probably wear scarves anytime during the year, but not the one that I've recently had my eye on.   I really don't have the time to do a craft project right now with school taking over my life but when I heard that the Pintester  was doing another  Pintester Movement  I decided that school work and real life could wait, I mean this is the Pintester and all.  Seriously though if you haven't checked out her blog you are really missing out, it's the best thing since sliced bread and I love me some sliced bread

I found the original idea for this scarf over at LittleTreasures blog and immediately fell in love with it, the reason being: EASY!! I love anything that involves minimal effort and looks like I spent weeks or hours on it, it makes me look much better at crafts than I really am!  Alright so let's get this party started.

Supplies:
-Fluffy Yarn
-Matching Thread
-Sewing Machine

Directions:


  • Determine the width you want your scarf to be. Mine is about 5 inches wide.

  • Gather yarn in groups and sew down the center, making sure you hold onto the bundles tightly.  If you don't have a nice bundle your scarf won't be very fluffy which would mean you failed.

  • Keep sewing until you have the desired scarf length and backstitch at the end of the scarf.
  • Wear your scarf like a boss.


Overall, I believe it would be considered a success.  We'll see how it fairs when I wear it out in public.
http://pintester.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pintester-movement-200.jpg
Like it, love it, want more of it?? Leave me a comment!

12 comments:

  1. I never even knew "fluffy yarn" was a thing, how cool! Glad it turned out well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute! I didn't know you could make a scarf just with a sewing machine like that. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great. So much quicker than knitting. Now I can use this to give people homemade scarves and they will be much more impressed than they need to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressing people with minimal skill since the 80s, that's what I am all about!

      Delete
  4. You're saying this is easy, but I assure you, it looks like I could wreck the heck out of this pin!
    Also, your blog is beautiful! And so is your scarf. I am a little jealous and bitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments, though I'm sure you could make this scarf! Also I love your ornament and will totally be contributing for you tree!!! Can't wait!!

      Delete
  5. The sad thing is, I will knit a scarf before sewing one . . . because sewing machines (and vicious needles that make rapid, stabbing motions) scare me. You should totally post a follow up post with a pic of you rocking this scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is really impressive, that's one gorgeous scarf! Nice work =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I've never seen fluffy yarn! I love the colors on that yarn, I bet it looks great on you! I wish I could pull out my boots and scarves but it's still 80 freaking degrees here in sunny San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute & seems easy. Great job (let us know how it goes out in public)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started knitting a scarf, got bored with it, and left it on the needles in the hopes that it would somehow finish itself. That was six years ago. This method seems way easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same...the number of projects that I've started and just kind of "forgot" seems to be in the hundreds.

      Delete