Saturday, April 13, 2013

Homemade Ranch Seasoning

I have a confession to make...I'm obsessed with ranch seasoning.  Yep, not the creamy dressing or dip, but the flavor itself.  For some reason it's become my go to choice for cooking. I've used it on popcorn, potatoes, chicken, you name it I've tried it! After a while though, I wanted to give it the old college try and make my own.  This past Christmas, I received the Reader's Digest guide to everything homemade and knew the instant that I saw the recipe it would be my newest pantry essential! The book itself is full of wonderful alternatives to everyday household cleaners and products and is my number one recommendation to all of my friends. 


What You'll Need:
  • 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Dried Minced Onion
  • 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
  • 2 1/2 tsp Paprika
  • 2 tsp Sugar
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Directions:
  • In a small airtight container, combine all the ingredients.
  • Cover and shake vigorously to blend well.
  • Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
In total this makes about 6 tablespoons of ranch seasoning and it can keep for a year, but mine is usually gone in a week.  I also use less pepper, as I find the amount a little overpowering for my tastes.  Do you have any favorite homemade seasonings that you love? Tell me in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment