Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pintester Movement Ho Ho Ho Edition: Glittered Dinosaur Ornament



So we had our first official snowfall of the season, which means all things Christmas are acceptable right??  Alright I won't go that far but it is time for another Pintester Movement with a Christmas ornament twist.  If you've never heard of the Pintester you must go check out her blog.  It is an amazing place of awesomeness where Sonja (the Pintester) tests popular pins from Pinterest and then writes about how they turn out.  They usually fail, but the abundance of naughty pictures, "that's what she said" jokes, and overall use of language make up for the failures!

Anyway, this time the theme was Christmas ornaments. I really had no idea what I was going to make and since I decided to send my ornament over to Jodee from the Cheeseblarg I creeped on her Pinterest page to see what ideas she had in mind. This is also her first Christmas tree (she is Jewish) so I wanted to cater to her every whim.  I saw the Glittered Dinosaur Ornament and decided that it looked easy enough and to give it a try.

Supplies:
  • Toy Dinosaur
  • Glitter
  • Glue
  • String
  • Paintbrush
  • Sealer 
 Directions
  • Douse dinosaur in glue.
  • Cover dinosaur with glitter
  • Get glitter everywhere in the process.
  • Spray dinosaur with sealer so glitter won't fall off.
  • Set dinosaur out of the way to dry.
  • Continue cleaning glitter for 5 days after you've done said craft project.  
I feel like my dinosaur is very surprised to be covered in glitter now.  But I won't lie, I'm actually glad to be getting rid of this thing.  Why you may ask, well for one this dinosaur freaked me out a little, two glitter is evil (I am still trying to get my carpets cleaned), and three tis the season to be giving people "beautiful" handmade gifts. So Jodee I hope my lovely dinosaur finds you well and that it fits in nicely with your tree!     


http://pintester.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pintester-movement-500-plain.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Cute little fancy fat duck billed dino! He will go great with the rest of the dino gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to think I'm crazy but I LOVE GLITTER! God job on your dinosaur! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Your dino looks a little confused about why he is covered in glitter, which helps the effect I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have boys...no glitter necessary for them to play with dinos. ;) Your dino has this Oh Sh*t expression....as if he got spattered with green goo. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkly dinosaurs were the original choice for pulling Santa's sleigh. . . I think we know how that turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol it was a lot easier to get the glitter to behave when you use mod podge instead. I think that's the trick. But you glittered the heck out of the dino and he looks better for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha-- good on ya for trying it with real glitter! I was too scared. :)

    ReplyDelete